Happy #BourbonHeritageMonth from the Speaking Easy Crew! We’re going full bourbon this month, bringing you #30DaysOfBourbon for our favorite native spirit. Toast with us all month with episodes, amazing guests, and other features along the way. Cheers to being a better (bourbon) drinker!
During the month of September, we, like many brown spirits enthusiasts, turn to America’s Native Spirit, Bourbon, for our imbibing pleasure. Prior to today, we’ve covered bourbon many, many times (i.e. in basically every episode and of course, in more depth, during our Episode #038: Bourbon Cocktails). But here we take a deeper look at the spirit itself.
In this week’s episode, Jordan and Alex talk about:
- Bourbon’s place in the lore of American drinking
- The Speaking Easy Crew’s recent trip to the holy land of Bourbon–Kentucky
- A little bit about their favorite sights, sounds, scents, and of course, tastes, from all over Bourbon Country
- Other favorite spots in the country to enjoy Bourbon
- Favorite parts of meeting people and talkin’ bourbon in Louisville, Bardstown, and Loretto
- How to make Bourbon part of your regular drinking repertoire (if it isn’t already)
Additionally, throughout the rest of the month we’ll be covering all sorts of things, ranging from:
- The history of bourbon
- Making bourbon (the right and wrong ways)
- What a true “master distiller” is
- What makes Kentucky such an amazing place for bourbon
- Understanding, selecting, and tasting bourbon
- A bit about bourbon and food
We look forward to celebrating with you–and tippling all sorts of great American-made spirits.
Let us know how you like to take your bourbon through our Feedback!